The title of this article has grabbed your attention because you want to check this Bluehost review and decide if it’s best for you or not. This in-depth and comprehensive piece will help you with the information you are looking for regarding Bluehost web hosting. Let’s dive into this.
Bluehost is affordable and easy to use for any level of user. You get a free domain while signing up and hosting starts at $2.95 per month. It also comes with benchmarking tools to help your website up and running within a few clicks.
You may have some questions in your mind regarding Bluehost web hosting. Some of them are: –
- Why Bluehost is so popular in the industry?
- Why should you choose Bluehost for your website leaving other choices?
- Will Bluehost suit your needs?
- Does it provide the best value for your money?
- What are the popular alternatives of Bluehost?
To get the answers of the above questions, continue reading this review!
Bluehost Review In-Depth From Our Experts
Bluehost is one of the best web hosting providers today, providing a wide range of hosting plans for beginners, medium-sized enterprises, and large businesses, as well as 24/7 customer assistance. Find out if Bluehost is an ideal choice for you or your business by reading our in-depth Bluehost review.
In this in-depth Bluehost review, we’ll put everything to the test with a thorough and rigorous analysis utilizing industry-standard reliable testing tools.
We are going to cover the following areas: –
- Features: What are the features Bluehost provides to its customers? Are they sufficient for your website?
- Pricing/ Hosting Plans: What are the best hosting plans for your business? How can you use the coupon for any plan?
- Performance Test: We will check Bluehost’s performance in the cases of traffic spikes. We’ll run a stress test to determine how well it handles traffic and perform effectively.
- Uptime Reliability: Will your website enjoy the maximum uptime and be available 24/7/365 without any downtime issues?
- Customer Service: Is Bluehost’s customer support reliable when you need any instant assistance with your website?
- Speed Analysis: We will test their speed and server response time to assess the loading speed of your website using the Bluehost server.
If you don’t have time to read this full comprehensive review, check the brief reports, along with our opinion. It will give a good idea about how good Bluehost web hosting is!
Bluehost Review Summary
|OUR RATING||Excellent (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)|
|Uptime||99.95% (Sep 2020 - Aug 2021)|
|Avg. Response Time||753 ms (Sep 2020 - Aug 2021)|
|Customer Support Grade||A|
|Application||WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, phpBB, and More Than 75+ Open Source Projects|
|Support||24/7 Live Chat, Phone, Email, Knowledge Base|
|Best For||Small Businesses, Startup, Bloggers, Beginners|
|Affordability||Cheaper at the beginning, reasonable at the renewal stages|
|Hosting Type||Shared, VPS, Dedicated, WordPress, Reseller|
|Features||Unmetered bandwidth, one Website, 50 GB Storage, Free Domain 1st Year, Free SSL Certificate and CDN, Spam Experts, Domain Privacy, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, WordPress 1-Click Install|
“Bluehost is one of the best leaders among the web hosting providers you can trust to bring your business online with ease, with its maximum uptime, multiple e-commerce add-ons, and a WordPress-enhancing tool that gives the popular CMS more flexibility. They are not the cheapest one but reasonable with a with a well designed infrastructure and quality hosting services. “
The above table represents the standards of Bluehost web hosting services. Now we will dive into the detailed analysis.
Before starting with detailed analysis, let’s know about some important facts about Bluehost.
About Bluehost Web Hosting
Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth founded Bluehost web hosting company in 2003 in Provo, Utah. Bluehost is the number one web hosting provider for small businesses. In addition, WordPress users will receive a special discount, a free domain, free SSL, and a free Site Builder with themes.
You’ll never have to worry about your website being slow with Bluehost, even when there’s a lot of traffic. Their skilled support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone, email, or live chat.
With a staff of 750 people working around the clock, they have been popular for years after years. More than 2 million websites from all around the world use Bluehost at present.
Who is Bluehost Ideal For?
Bluehost is great for newbies who are creating their first or second website. If you’re a new blogger, Bluehost makes it simple to get started without having to worry about the technical details.
Bluehost is a well-known web host with a strong reputation. Customers seeking a reputable and reliable web host can keep Bluehost on their top list.
Bluehost ensures that your learning curve is temporary and that your site is publicly visible to the world with maximum uptime, thanks to their customer care tools and easy-to-navigate cPanel.
Bluehost is also very popular for small businesses with a tight budget. Besides, for a large business website, Bluehost has dedicated and VPS hosting plans too. But you have to buy upselling add-ons for full functionality that can be costly.
Bluehost: Pros and Cons
Every best web hosting providers has some pros and cons. Some are avoidable, while others are unavoidable.
Here are the pros and cons of Bluehost web hosting that we discovered.
Pros of Bluehost
Affordable Hosting Plans: Their hosting plans are affordable for most users, especially those who are just getting started. Their cheapest shared hosting plan for a single domain is merely a few bucks per month. You can add unlimited domains and subdomains for a small additional fee.
Endorsed By WordPress: If you’re thinking about starting a website or blog, Bluehost is one of just three hosting companies recommended by WordPress.
Beginner-friendly: Bluehost is a perfect choice for beginners who have no advanced web management knowledge and coding skills. Besides, they are the partner of WordPress. If you think of using WordPress, the process requires a few clicks to start your website.
Quick website setup: Bluehost guides a user step-by-step to set up a website within a few clicks. If you face any trouble making your website up and running, you can contact them through their dedicated chat support in real-time.
Maximum Uptime: – Bluehost ensures maximum uptime guaranteed. They have powered millions of websites successfully with minimum downtime.
Free SSL certificate: A “SSL Certificate” or “Secure Sockets Layer Certificate” encrypts crucial site information and authenticates the identity of your website. The best thing is Bluehost offers a free SSL Certificate. Thus, it keeps your website secure from attackers.
Free domain: You do not need to buy a domain name from any third-party domain seller as you get a domain name for a year for free while buying any plan for your website. It is one of the most appealing features of Bluehost web hosting packages.
24/7 customer service: Bluehost has dedicated staff who help the customers with anything they need. From website installation to troubleshooting any problem, they are always there for you.
Free CDN: You get a free Cloudflare CDN to block malware and improve security for every website. You can get a CDN Integration option on cPanel.
Numerous Database and scripts Availability: Numerous databases including MySQL, PostgreSQL, CGI-BIN, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, etc, and Web Scripts including Social networking scripts, blog support, email lists, message forums, Joomla and Drupal, and Tikiwiki are easily accessible on Bluehost.
Money-Back Guarantee: If you have any doubt about Bluehost web hosting services, you can try it out as they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
Cons of Bluehost
Website Migration Charge: Bluehost charges at least $149 to move your site to or from another platform if you need assistance. It can be frustrating to many users who are thinking of website migration.
Not ideal for high-traffic sites: An entry level Bluehost plan won’t be sufficient for scaling an high-traffic website. You must upgrade your hosting plan to meet your specific requirements that may be expensive.
Higher domain renewal fee: The domain renewal price is significantly higher.
Upselling Addons: They use an aggressive upsell strategy at enrollment. You can uncheck any of the extras if you don’t need them. But there are a number of cases where add-ons are absolutely required for full functionality. If you’re on a tight budget, this is an issue.
Customer support: Bluehost gets many positive and negative reviews for customer support. Many customers experience fast, helpful, and friendly customer service.
On the other hand, many of them experience negative customer support. Unfortunately, many customers claim that they are unable to come up with the solution they needed even with repeated phone calls.
Bluehost Hosting Plans and Features
- WordPress hosting: The WordPress organization recommends Bluehost as a top choice. Their WordPress plans are tailored to WordPress-based websites. It is WordPress-optimized and can even safeguard your WordPress site from typical attacks.
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting can be a good choice for a new website with a modest traffic level. Your website shares server resources with other websites in a shared hosting environment.
- VPS Hosting: VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting is a step up from shared WordPress hosting, allowing you to have virtually dedicated resources in a shared environment.
- Dedicated hosting: If you choose a dedicated hosting server for your website, you will have exclusive access to all of the server’s resources. The disadvantage is that you will be responsible for managing the server on your own.
Bluehost has a shared hosting plan that is ideal for new websites, blogs, and static business websites. Bluehost, a Linux-based company, does not provide month-to-month shared web hosting. Rather, you must sign up for an annual plan.
There are four different levels of Bluehost sharing plan.
- Basic: Basic plan supports only one website, one domain, 25 subdomains and 50GB of SSD storage, and five email accounts with 100 MB of disk space each. For the first term, you’ll pay $2.75 each month for 36 months plan and $4.95 for 12 months plan. The renewal fee/ regular price for 12 months plan is $9.99 and $8.99 for 36 months plan.
- Plus: The Plus plan comes with unlimited websites, as well as unmetered web space, bandwidth, and unlimited email accounts. For the first term, the fee is $4.95 per month for 36 months plan and $6.95 per month for 12 months plan. The renewal fee/ regular price is $11.99 for 36 months plan and $13.99 for 12 months plan.
- Choice Plus: The Choice Plus plan comes with all the features of the Plus Plan + added privacy and security features. It also includes free automated daily backup options. The first term will cost $5.45 per month for 36 months plan and $7.45 per month for 12 months plan. The monthly renewal/ regular price is $16.99 per month for 36 months plan and $18.99 per month for 12 months plan.
- Pro: The Pro plan comes with all the features of the Choice Plus Plan + more optimized web resources. It also includes free dedicated IP. The first term will cost $13.95 per month for 36 months plan and $18.95 per month for 12 months plan. The monthly renewal/ regular price is $26.99 per month for 36 months plan and $28.99 per month for 12 months plan.
We recommend choosing a shared hosting plan if you are starting your website. Bluehost shared hosting plans are ideal for the startup website. You can switch to the upgraded plans at any time according to your needs.
Bluehost: VPS Hosting
When your website is hosted on a shared server but has its own dedicated virtual space, it is known as VPS hosting. VPS hosting has grown in popularity since it is less expensive than dedicated hosting while providing greater security and performance than shared hosting.
There are three different levels of Bluehost VPS hosting plan.
- Standard: Standard plan features 2 Cores, 30GB SSD storage, 2 GB RAM, 1TB Bandwidth, 1 IP Address and cPanel/WHM. For the first term, you’ll pay $18.99 each month for 36 months plan. The auto renewal fee is $29.99 per month.
- Enhanced: The Enhanced plan features 2 Cores, 60GB SSD storage, 4 GB RAM, 2TB Bandwidth, 2 IP Address and cPanel/WHM. For the first term, you’ll pay $29.99 each month for 36 months plan. The auto renewal fee is $59.99 per month.
- Ultimate: The ultimate plan features 4 Cores, 120GB SSD storage, 8 GB RAM, 3TB Bandwidth, 2 IP Address and cPanel/WHM. For the first term, you’ll pay $59.99 each month for 36 months plan. The auto renewal fee is $119.99 per month.
When you look at each of Bluehost’s offerings, it’s evident that they’ve positioned themselves as a beginner-friendly web host, but they also provide economical VPS hosting. That’s a twofold win in terms of reliable hosting.
Bluehost: Dedicated Hosting
Security, privacy, and even more control are some of the most notable advantages of dedicated hosting. A Bluehost dedicated hosting plan is the way to choose if you know you’ll need the finest of the best to host your site for growth and stability.
There are three types of Bluehost Dedicated hosting plan.
- Standard: The standard plan comes with a whole, beautiful server. The top features are CPU – 2.3GHz, CPU – 4 Cores, CPU – 4 Threads, CPU – 3MB Cache, RAM – 4GB, Raid level 1 storage – 2 x 500GB, 5TB Bandwidth, 3 dedicated IP Address, a free domain and cPanel & WHM with Root. For the first term, you’ll pay $79.99 each month for 36 months plan. The auto renewal fee is $119.99 per month.
- Enhanced: The Enhanced plan comes with more power and storage. The top features are CPU – 2.5GHz, CPU – 4 Cores, CPU – 8 Threads, CPU – 8MB Cache, RAM – 8GB, Raid level 1 storage – 2 x 1000GB, 10TB Bandwidth, 4 dedicated IP Address, a free domain and cPanel & WHM with Root. For the first term, you’ll pay $99.99 each month for 36 months plan. The auto renewal fee is $159.99 per month.
- Premium: The premium plan comes with the highest level of power, storage and security. The top features are CPU – 3.3GHz, CPU – 4 Cores, CPU – 8 Threads, CPU – 8MB Cache, RAM – 16GB, Raid level 1 storage – 2 x 1000GB, 15TB Bandwidth, 5 dedicated IP Address, a free domain and cPanel & WHM with Root. For the first term, you’ll pay $199.99 each month for 36 months plan. The auto renewal fee is $209.99 per month.
Bluehost’s dedicated hosting plans are suitable for rapidly growing websites. If your website is getting unlimited traffic, plan to switch to dedicated hosting plans that suit your need.
Bluehost: WordPress Hosting
WordPress is a content management system that powers nearly a third of all websites on the internet. It’s pretty straightforward to use and offers a robust theme and plug-in ecosystem for extending the functionality of your site. If you think of using WordPress, consider using Bluehost WordPress hosting plans.
Bluehost has three types of WP hosting plans. They are: –
- WooCommerce hosting: Bluehost offers dedicated WordPress e-commerce hosting services. Their WooCommerce hosting includes all of the necessary features to get your eCommerce business kick-started.
- Managed Hosting: Managed WordPress hosting allows you to manage everything from one dashboard.
- Normal WordPress Hosting: Bluehost WordPress Hosting packages are ideal for blog, small business and enterprises.
Normal WordPress Hosting
Bluehost Basic WordPress Hosting packages are ideal for blog, startup business and newbies. The plan starts at $2.95 with a 36 months subscription. This hosting plan is similar to Bluhost shared hosting plan.
- Basic: Starts at $2.95 per month with a 36 months subscription
- Plus: Starts at $5.45 per month with a 36 months subscription
- Choice Plus: Starts at $5.45 per month with a 36 months subscription
Managed WordPress Hosting
This is an all-in-one managed platform that can scale to meet the needs of your website. The managed WordPress hosting plans from Bluehost all provide lightning-fast speeds, promotional tools, and faceted security protections.
When compared to their basic WordPress hosting and what other competitors offer, these plans are rather pricey. Bluehost’s managed WordPress is a big deal, and it’s one of the company’s most popular offerings (with more than a million sites hosted by the company).
Managed WordPress Hosting is Bluehost’s most dynamic hosting package. You can choose from one of three options: 1-site (Build), 3-sites (Grow), or 5-sites (Scale). Each of them offers a unique hosting bundle to meet your requirements.
If you decide to go with a managed WordPress solution, you should base your selection on the amount of traffic they can handle.
The Pro plans use a high-performance VPS and provide faster site loading times. They also provide you with hands-on help with design, functionality, and general inquiries from actual WordPress experts 24/7 a week.
- Basic Jetpack Site Analytics, Marketing Center, 100 Free Premium Themes, daily backups, and Malware detection and removal for extra security are all included at the Build (1-Site package) level.
- The 3-Sites (Grow) Plan includes Jet-pack Pro. Your visitors may post good Yelp, Google, Yahoo, or Bing reviews for your business right from your website using the Business review features. The SEO tools provide you with real-time optimization suggestions for improving your search engine rankings. It’s part of the Marketing Center, where you can examine how you’re doing in the major search engines.
- Paypal integration and Elastic Search are included in the top-tier 5-Sites (Scale) plan.
Each plan includes plenty of useful features aimed at assisting your site’s growth. This includes, among other things, 20 GB of storage space, access to over 200 global servers, scheduled backups, staging environments, free SSL certification, automatic plugins update features, unlimited video compression features and a money-back guarantee.
The biggest factor that differentiate these plans is the traffic capacity.
A quick overview:
- 1-site package (Build) – $14.95 per month, recommended for sites with 50,000 monthly visitors.
- 3-sites package (Grow) – $29.95 per month, recommended for sites with 150,000 monthly visits.
- 5-sites package (Scale) – $49.95 per month, recommended for sites with 500,000 visits per month
All in all, the Bluehost Managed WordPress hosting is an ideal option for any popular website. It’s a large capacity that ensures 99.95% uptime for your website. One of the best and reliable WordPress hosting options ever!
WooCommerce Hosting is the third type of WordPress hosting. If you’ve already decided to build your online store using WordPress and WooCommerce, getting started is as simple as choosing between the Standard and Premium store hosting packages.
Bluehost has two WordPress e-commerce hosting plans: –
- Standard: If you want a store with a solid payment processing system, plenty of statistics, and the ability to create basic store backups, choose the standard WooCommerce Hosting plan. It will cost $12.95 per month (36/mo term) with a regular auto renewal fee of $24.95.
- Premium: If your store is more complicated than a simple storefront with product listings and to capture subscriptions, online booking, and appointment scheduling, choose the Premium tier. It will cost $24.95 per month (36/mo term) with a regular auto-renewal fee of $39.95.
Not only can you install Woocommerce with a single click, but Bluehost also makes it simple to add payment processing (1-click setup), different shipping choices, built-in calendar bookings, and daily backups with the new service.
Select the best WooCommerce plan according to your business needs. It’s better to go with the Premium features if you believe your site is going to be complicated with a large number of products and other resources.
Bluehost: Testing, Analysis & Results
- Bluehost server Speed
- Server response time
- Uptime stats by months
- We will use a test website hosted by Bluehost company.
- We will use several tools to check the server speed and response time including BitCatcha, PageSpeed etc.
Bluehost Server Response Time
When you use tools like Pingdom, GTMetrix, or Google Page Speed Insights to assess a live website (artofeating.com), you’re looking at how everything on the site loads. Images and JS scripts that take far longer to load than plain text. The above mentioned tools can help you optimize your WordPress site speed by providing you reports about your website issues.
Bitcatcha is a great tool that helps us check the server response time without loading any data. So, we are using this one.
“Your server response time should be less than 200 milliseconds,” according to Google. If it’s more than 1-2 seconds, you’ve got a problem.
As you can see, the Bluehost server in the US, London, Canada, Germany, and Sao Paulo performed in under a second. The response time was slightly longer in other areas but still less than a second.
For US or American-based websites, Bluehost is very recommended. But it doesn’t mean it’s bad for other regions. The response time is still up to the mark in other regions.
Besides, you can see that the average server speed is 144 ms according to the Bitcatcha speed test result that is quite good and up to the mark.
Reliable Uptime History by months
When it comes to picking a web host, uptime is one of the most important factors to consider. Because if your site is down, you will lose your users. So, checking about consistency in uptime is a must while choosing a web host.
We have utilized a website monitoring tool to monitor the uptime of our test site over 12 months period. The tool pings the website every 15 to 30 minutes and delivers an alert if it is unable to contact a site for more than a minute. Bluehost is incredibly stable, according to the data. In fact, during the two-week timeframe, Bluehost was never down.
According to the last 12 months’ uptime report, Bluehost has easily surpassed the ideal score of 99.93% and kept our test site live.
The site was live surpassing the 99.93% ideal score for 10 months comparing to the last 12 months of data. It shows how reliable Bluehost is in the case of Uptime guarantee!
Average Uptime Breakdown for 12 months:
- August 2021: 99.98%
- July 2021: 100%
- June 2021: 99.99%
- May 2021: 99.77%
- April 2021: 99.99%
- March 2021: 100%
- February 2021: 99.97%
- January 2021: 100%
- December 2020: 99.98%
- November 2020: 100%
- October 2020: 99.67%
- September 2020: 100%
Page Load Time
According to Google’s research:
“As page load time goes from 1s to 3s the probability of bounce increases 32%.”
That means that visitors are 32 percent more likely to abandon your site because of more than a second of loading speed.
In addition, you will lose visitors if you don’t optimize your website for mobile users. That is because Google now focuses more on mobile-first indexing. As a result, a slow website will almost always result in less traffic and sales.
Over the last year, our test site hosted with Bluehost has an average 753 milliseconds load speed. It is not the fastest one but still up to the mark.
Bluehost Offerings At A Glance
Bluehost offers a variety of services in addition to hosting plans. Different users require different types of services according to their requirements and budgets. Let’s learn about some noticeable services Bluehost offer!
Bluehost’s most popular hosting plan is shared hosting, which allows you to get your foot in the door to get your site up and running. A free SSL certificate and a free domain name are key factors that made Bluehost hosting popular.
You can easily upgrade your hosting plan to VPS and a dedicated server when your site will grow. Dedicated hosting plans are expensive and ensure the highest levels of security, storage, traffic capacity, and storage.
We have already described the hosting plans and their features in previous sections.
Bluehost makes it simple to set up an online store by adding Zen, Cube, Agora, and OS Commerce among the shopping carts available. You get SSL encryption for your transactions, as well as a free certificate and OpenPGP/GPG encryption.
If you currently have a WooCommerce-enabled WordPress store or want to start one with your Bluehost account, choose the “WooCommerce Hosting” plan. It has a pre-installed WooCommerce storefront that makes things easier for you. You will also get the benefits of free onboarding calls and a free dedicated IP address.
Bluehost isn’t well-known for its eCommerce capabilities, and some sites make it quicker and faster to set up a store. However, Bluehost is a cost-effective option that comes with a plenty of useful tools to help you sell online.
Bluehost: Blue Sky WordPress Support
Bluehost offers Blue Sky service that provides individual training and support to teach users how to construct, grow, and maintain any WordPress website.
There are three levels of Blue Sky WordPress Support: –
- Basic: The top features of Blue Sky Basic plan are On-demand ticket support, account access assistant, website backup assistance and design guidance. It costs $24.00 per month.
- Plus: The Blue sky plus plan includes all the features of Basic plan + On-demand chat support. It costs 39.00 per month.
- Pro: The Blue sky plus plan includes all the features of Plus plan + On demand phone support, Bluehost SEO tools, content optimization assistance, landing page optimization assistance, mobile optimization assistance and Constant Contact (500 contacts). It costs $119.00 per month.
In addition to hosting services, Bluehost can help your company with branding and marketing tactics, allowing you to spend more time on revenue-generating activities and running your company.
There are four types of professional services.
- Full-Service Website: Bluehost provides ongoing marketing assistance and design. They can help you with a responsive website for your business, keywords optimization for top search engines, local listings, and marketing.
- Website Migration Services: Bluehost assists you with website migration on 3 bases – free migration, paid migration, and 1-on-1 consultation before and after migration. It also helps you with the guidance you need for your website design and promotion.
- SEO Services: Bluehost can help you fine-tune your website for better visibility by doing SEO. They can help you with keyword optimization, custom content, website analytics, and weekly reports of SEO keywords.
- PPC Services: Bluehost experts help you with the better implementation of your PPC campaign. They instantly drive traffic to your site and maintain your monthly budget efficiency.
Bluehost: Website Migration
The inconvenience of migration is sometimes the only barrier to migrating your website to a better server. Bluehost website migration services are noticeable among their professional services.
- If you have a WordPress website, Bluehost can take care of everything for you. This service is offered to you free of charge if you sign up for one of their programs.
- For multiple Websites, Bluehost has a site migration tier of up to 5 websites migration for $149.99.
Bluehost has developed a WordPress plugin named ‘Bluehost Site Migrator’ that will walk you through the last few steps. After that, you’ll receive a URL to your new site, which you may use to verify that everything is running smoothly. If everything checks out, you’ll need to contact your registrar to adjust your DNS settings, and you’ll be good to go.
Bluehost: WordPress Website Builder
Bluehost WordPress Website Builder is a great tool. It makes the process simple to build a WordPress site with full functionalities. You can choose a theme with various layouts to get started.
Even you can use the drag and drop functionality to design the site the way you want. You can make your site attractive within a few hours using this outstanding website builder by Bluehost.
Bluehost is creating themes of different categories every month that you can use for your website. Despite this, the tool provides a lot of creative versatility, with over 1,000 layout alternatives.
Blue Flash Launch Support
If you are new to Bluehost and WordPress, Bluehost has Blue Flash Launch support for you! Blue Flash Launch Support is free and included in your hosting plan. It takes the shape of a professional consultation with a WordPress expert over the phone.
You can take a guided tour of the dashboard with Blue Flash Launch Support to quickly identify all the features and options available for posting. During the orientation phase, you will have the opportunity to acquire answers to your queries. Because WordPress can be intimidating to newcomers, this is a big time saving and makes it easier to get started.
During your call, you can set up your account, and choose your theme. The options that are presented to you have already been reviewed in advance to meet your needs.
Blue Flash Launch Support’s experts will even make recommendations for compatible plugins. That way, you’ll be able to take advantage of everything WordPress has to offer for your specific requirements.
The Blue Flash team is available 24/7. That means you can get your site ready at any time. If you need further help with WordPress after using this free service, you may sign up for WP Live support for $99 per month.
Bluehost: cPanel Interface
Setting up and managing your website is very easy with Bluehost as it has an easy-to-use cPanel. The enhanced cPanel interface allows you to do everything within a few clicks —all you have to do is click on the icons to get where you want to go.
With your websites and email addresses in one place, you can keep track of everything. The Control panel has a layout customization option that allows you to organize your favorite features and browse the cPanel according to your needs.
Bluehost Renewal Fee
The best approach to get the greatest hosting deal is to pay 1 to 3 years upfront. Although the average monthly price drops, you are still investing hundreds of dollars upfront. But once the first plan period expires, you should expect a significant increase in charges.
For example, if you sign up for the cheapest three-year plan, it costs $2.75 per month. Following the initial period, the renewal pricing for the following period begins at $8.99/month with a three-year commitment. So, it’s 3 times more expensive than the initial offer.
Bluehost: Customer Support and Service
A Web hosting company with a dedicated customer support team is a must while choosing any web host.
Bluehost’s rich knowledge base features an enriched library of articles, step-by-step guidance, and video tutorials that benefits beginners. You can easily get your problem resolved by a simple search.
However, for additional assistance, Bluehost offers 24/7 live chat or phone support system. This is is extremely useful when you need immediate assistance from a technical support staff.
But unfortunately, Bluehost chose to phase out ticket-based help in favor of a more personalized strategy that includes live chat and phone support. However, the ticket-based assistant was helpful for the customers/ clients who couldn’t resolve any issue in a single chat or phone session.
Bluehost has several security features that can make your website and sensitive information extremely secure.
- Anti-spam Security: Spam Experts, Spam Hammer, and Apache Spam Assassin provide three tiers of anti-spam security. Filters are simple to set up, and you receive protection for your inbox as well. Each of your directories is password-protected.
- Blacklisting and secure shell: You can blacklist IP addresses if you need to restrict access to your site. Secure shell (SSH) access is another excellent feature. This allows you to access configuration files on a per-file basis and in a secure manner.
- Cloudflare integration: Cloudflare is especially effective at preventing DDOS attacks. Bluehost now has a one-click integration system with Cloudflare. It adds even more security protections and speeds up your website!
- Other: Other security features like Sitelock, SSL, and Site restore Pro are also available with different hosting plans.
Bluehost: Refund Policy
Some important facts about Bluehost refund policy: –
- Bluehost offers 30-day money-back guarantee on its plans. You must cancel within the first 30 days to get the full refund.
- If you cancel the plan after 30 days, you won’t get even any partial refund.
- Domain registration fees are non-refundable.
In this web hosting review, we have delved into the Bluehost things. There are many popular alternatives to Bluehost.
- Dreamhost: Dream host is one of the most popular alternatives and recommended by WordPress too.
- Siteground: Siteground is another popular alternative to Bluehost. If you can’t rely on Bluehost, you can rely on this web hosting company.
You might be thinking if Bluehost is the perfect choice for your website after reading this review.
Many websites rank Bluehost as the best web hosting provider. It is one of the best hosting companies that we would recommend to everyone. Those who always search for reputable web hosting services should rely on Bluehost. You may tailor your solution with low-cost, scalable options, and you’ll be up and running in a jiffy.
Bluehost comes with plenty of intriguing features at every price point. You can choose the best plan according to your needs from its variety of hosting plans. Most of the customers are happy with the services of Bluehost, a company with a strong reputation over 20 years of online business.
In this bluehost review, we have added some frequently asked questions. We have answered all of them to help you with decision making and knowledge.
Yes. We recommend Bluehost for beginners and small businesses. Bluehost isn’t perfect for some reasons like higher renewal fees, cheapest plan restrictions, and others. But still, it provides very decent services to the customers. Overall, It’s reliable indeed.
Bluehost is cheaper in the initial phases. The renewal price is reasonable and sometimes expensive.
You can buy a domain name with Bluehost. If you purchase any hosting package for the first time, you will get a free domain.
Bluehost’s economical shared hosting and managed WordPress hosting do not provide monthly payment choices. Bluehost’s VPS and dedicated hosting plans, on the other hand, offer month-to-month payment options.
Bluehost provides email hosting, which is one of the many alternatives for creating unique email addresses. Besides, some plans support custom email addresses for your website.
Bluehost is undoubtedly one of the best choices for blogging.
All major credit cards, PayPal Instant Payments, purchase orders, checks (only in the United States), and money orders are accepted by Bluehost (USD only). They do not accept non-reloadable prepaid credit cards, gift cards, PayPal balance payments, or wire transfers at this time.
Yes, you can increase your plan at any moment using your Bluehost dashboard or by contacting customer service.
What is your opinion about Bluehost? We will love to hear your opinion. Please make a comment below and share the post to social media. Cheers!
Bluehost is very reliable for my WordPress site. I am using it for years now. I never face any trouble with uptime. I will definitely recommend this.
Thanks for the Bluehost review article!